History

The Mitsubishi Company began with the establishment of a shipping service in Japan over a century ago. Decades of growth into different industries and international markets led to the formation of Mitsubishi as it is today: a collection of independently managed corporations all dedicated to excellence and reliability.

Image of Three Diamond History of Mitsubishi Cement Corporation

The Mitsubishi symbol originated with the flag of the original shipping company, and by 1910 had evolved into the three-diamond trademark well known and respected today. At Mitsubishi Cement Corpoaration, along with all of the other diversified members of the corporate family, the Three-Diamond logo represents the business spirit common to all employees. Each company shares in Mitsubishi’s worldwide reputation for invaluable service and products, customer satisfaction and corporate responsibility toward its employees, the general public, and the environment.

Mitsubishi companies are leaders in manufacturing, banking, international trade and service related industries. A group of these firms, led by Mitsubishi Materials Corporation, formed Mitsubishi Cement Corporation in March, 1988, with the acquisition of the Cushenbury Plant in Lucerne Valley, California, and other ancillary assets.

Cushenbury History