|SALARY:||$30.50 to $35.85 an hour|
Inspect, maintain, and repair all types of mobile equipment, stationary internal combustion engines and high-pressure air compressors.
- Working from shop manuals, inspects, repairs, and maintains all types of mobile equipment and stationary engines. Makes adjustments to correct faults, modify units as directed, operates equipment in connection with making necessary repairs.
- Inspects equipment periodically, makes adjustments to maintain proper operating conditions.
- Overhauls equipment periodically.
- Does welding, burning, and miscellaneous soldering in connection with equipment maintenance.
- Requisitions material from storeroom.
- Operates cranes, hoists, and mobile equipment in performance of duties.
- Reports discrepancies and keeps records as required.
- Maintains and repairs tires as required.
- Keeps equipment and working area in clean and orderly condition.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must have five to ten years of experience working as a heavy Mobile Equipment mechanic.
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.