|WAGE/RATE:||$18.50 to $20.50 an hour|
- Measure silos and record measurements.
- Operate and clean heavy equipment such as, but not restricted to, bobcats and forklifts.
- Operate and/or use equipment such as jackhammers, air compressors, airlance, wheelbarrows, shovels, brooms.
- Clean towers, vessels, raw mills, finish mills and coal systems. General yard cleanup and other janitorial duties.
- Assist in poke down and plug up procedures.
- Maintain and clean work area and department.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- Must safely and accurately assist other personnel, operate large machinery, and perform janitorial duties.
- Must comply with all work rules including, but not limited to, the Company’s attendance policy.
- Must not present a direct threat to the safety or health of the worker or others.
Large machinery, such as a forklift, bobcat, airlance and hydro blaster equipment to perform poke downs; other miscellaneous items such as dollies, brooms, shovel, scraper, de-spitzer tools, ladder, tape measure, mop, air compressor, pry-bars and wheelbarrows.
Steel toe safety shoes, hard hat, safety glasses, ear protection.
- Formal education: No formal education required.
- Skills: Ability to take direction, operate large machinery, clean, or otherwise maintain the production department. Ability to transport up to 100 pounds of tools or material on an occasional basis.
- Experience: None required.
- Knowledge: None required.
- Requires outdoor, indoor, and minimal office work.
- Exposure to extreme heat and humidity in the summer, cold temperatures in the winter.
- Exposure to fumes, odors, dust, mist, gases, vibrations, and uncomfortable noise while performing various tasks through the plant.
- Exposure to mechanical and electrical hazards while performing tasks throughout the plant, explosive and radiant energy hazards from pyro-processing, and chemical hazards from the mills, laboratory, and garage.
- Required to work rotating day, swing, and graveyard shifts.
Laborer I reports to Production Supervisor.